No, it isn’t possible for me to travel without looking at the marketing of the city. In a recent weekend in Chicago, I noticed these gems.
Snoring Kills
Apparently there is an entire series of mildly inappropriate “snoring kills” advertisements out there. I saw several in Chicago and on my way there. Tell me this wouldn’t capture your attention! Notice they are simple, have speedbump headlines, and a single clear means of contact (the webaddress).
Keep it in Your Pants
This ad by Hard Rock Café was spotted on the side of their building in Chicago. Of course the innuendo is attention catching. But really it’s about saving money and we all like to do that! Cheers to Hard Rock for capturing my attention.
Like the Cherry on Top
Any woman I know can relate to this cupcake, Louis Vuitton window display. A new purse is truly the cherry on top. Although I don’t reallylike to carry a handbag, there are times when it is a necessary evil. And if you have to carry something evil, you might as well make it fabulous.
Please feel free to share your comments about these ads below. You may also enjoy New York City ads I reviewed. If you have an ad you’d like to see on here, please email it to me at terra(at)fletcherfreelance(dot)com.



Great observations Terra! I really like the LV one as it's not as obvious but when you think about it, it makes perfect sense.
ReplyDeleteBest,
Antonio