You’re no doubt aware of the cookies that Google stores, have heard of its recent privacy changes, and know they like to save your search info to present you with ads that you will find relevant, click on, and (hopefully) patronize Google’s pay-per-click advertisers. What you may not know is that Google can see what you write in Gmail, which YouTube vids you watch, and what you do on your Android phone. You can also see what Google has inferred about you personally. The URL is cumbersome, but as I recently discovered via Bloomberg Businessweek, if you search for, “ad preferences manager” it’ll likely be the first search result.
Currently Google’s view of your world is segmented, but if you read through the new privacy policy (I know, you won’t, also cumbersome) you’ll see that Google is now aggregating all your cookies into, well, a huge pan of cookies. Now Google can see all your info in one place. According to Chris Gaither, Google spokesman, the aim is to create “a simpler, more intuitive Google experience.” Yes, you can opt out of some of the tracking. And if you want to make it even more complicated you could set up different log-ins/accounts for each Google service you use. But you don’t want to do that. With all this added info marketers will be able to target you with information about things that you’re actually interested in. C’mon, that doesn’t sound so bad, does it?
What Does Google Think About Me?
My top categories include, Arts & Entertainment and Business & Industrial, followed by shopping and world localities. Yes, music and business are highly important to me. I like to shop and I do write shopping related articles like my recent 7 Truly Unique Gifts to Fix your Boyfriend, and it’s follow up on fixing your girlfriend. World localities, yeah those fit, too. Interesting. What else does Google think about me? Google thinks I’m 45-54 years old! Not quite. I’m actually 28. Hopefully this means Google thinks I’m mature and intelligent beyond my years. (But I’m staying 23 forever.)
What does Google think about you? Feel free to share in the comments below.
No comments:
Post a Comment