Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Appleton Wisconsin is Marketing Everywhere, Even the Bathroom


I’ve got two kudos for Fox Valley Technical College this week. I enjoyed this ad on the back of their magazine. The social media invite is a great way to get people to interact with their brand. So much better than a generic request to “Like us on Facebook.”

Waiting to meet with a representative from FVTC I sat in a room at the business center which offers classes on… you guessed it… entrepreneurship. Instead of decorating all the walls with art, someone took advantage of the space and (occasionally captive) audiences by highlighting the purpose of the room. The wall opposite had framed letters from students who had gone through the FVTC programs and found success. There was another frame simply showcasing business cards of students.

Marketing everywhere? Even the bathroom? No, I don’t mean those placards on the back of the stall door. Although, they certainly count. In my opinion the best marketing is communication that doesn’t look like marketing or advertising. And you know me… I like to take pictures wherever I see good marketing.

I stopped at a Citgo station, the Northsider in Appleton. I had to snap this picture in the restroom. Don’t most little girls grow up wanting to be the fairest of them all? And who wouldn’t want a favorable association with a gas station bathroom?

What have you done “out of the box” to be memorable and communicate with your audience? Please share in the comments below. Or if you know what it says in the men's room at the Northsider... I'm curious about that, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment